HVAC Noise Control Solutions in North and South Carolina
Hahn Mason Air Systems is proud to be an integral part of the North and South Carolina building construction and mechanical equipment industry with 80 years of experience, serving you from our 10 local offices and warehouse locations in Charlotte and Charleston. We represent one of the finest panel manufacturers in Semco and are proud to offer their technology on your next project.
What is a panel?
A panel is a field assembled acoustical barrier with a variety of applications. They can be used to break up and absorb noise caused by equipment. They can also be used to shield unsightly and loud equipment. Building enclosures around equipment are the most common applications.
Constructing extended plenums with a louver is another common place to see panels. Large rectangular ductwork can be managed more easily by building it with panels. Low heat transfer and a low smoke transfer rating allow panels to be used in chases that span multiple floors of a building.
What are the benefits of panels?
- Factory Supplied Cutouts
- Easy to install
- Saves Man Hours
- Aesthetically Pleasing
- Can add powder coating
- Can be used to meet Sound Transmission Class (STC) and Noise Criteria (NC) level/ordinances
- Huge reduction in sound
- Can be engineered to meet seismic requirements
Types of Panels
- Acoustic Enclosures
- Louver Blanks
- Extended Plenums
- Rooftop Ductwork
- Large Ductwork
- Welding Booths
- Extended Plenums
- Barrier Walls
- Data Centers
- Stairwell Chase
- Elevator Shafts
Where else will a panel be seen?
- Acoustical enclosures
- Barrier/sound walls
- Louver blanks
- Large rectangular ductwork
- Duct/electrical/stairwell chases
Things to consider when selecting panels:
- The structural integrity of your enclosure/partition
- The thermal and sound components of your enclosed space
- Field constraints that could affect an order
- Job site shipping considerations
- Job site equipment available
- Is this a thermal sensitive environment?
- Are there built in acoustical enclosures?
- Is there a need or does the project have a large outside plenum? Is this behind a louver or large rectangular duct?
- Is there a need or does the project have a large (dimensionally) exhaust or supply ductwork? Is this in front of a louver or large rectangular duct?
- Are there large air handlers, boilers, pumps, chillers, or generators, etc…?
- Is there a need for access doors?
- Is there a need for positive or negative pressurization?
- What is the static pressure rating?
- Will there be a wind or seismic load?
- Are there noise level concerns?
- Do the panels need to be fire-rated?
- Is there a specific building aesthetic that is desired?
- What are the dimensions of the space or enclosure?
Contact Hahn-Mason for All Your HVAC Noise Control Needs
Are you located in the Carolinas and are looking for noise control solutions for your next HVAC project? Contact Hahn-Mason Air Systems today at (704)-523-5000. Hahn-Mason has 10 offices conveniently located in Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, Hickory, Eastern NC, Greensboro, Greenville, Charleston, Columbia, and Virginia.