CRAC Units in North and South Carolina
Hahn Mason Air Systems is proud to be an integral part of the North and South Carolina building construction and mechanical equipment industry for over 50 years, serving you from our office and warehouse locations in Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, Hickory, Eastern NC, Greensboro, Greenville, Charleston, Columbia, and Virginia. We represent one of the finest temperature & humidity control systems manufacturers in Compu-Aire, Inc and are proud to offer their technology on your next project.
Compu-Aire Inc. manufactures in excess of 100 different models of specialty air conditioners for critical electronic system facilities including, but not limited to, data centers, network facilities, computer rooms, and other applications that have sensitive temperature and humidity needs. Hahn Mason has partnered with Compu-Aire Inc. to bring our customers products that are designed to fit their needs.
Precision Cooling Systems
Ceiling Mount Systems
Ceiling mount systems are installed above a dropped ceiling or roof, saving floor space for your protected equipment. These cooling systems systems also offer the flexibility of configuration options such as ducting, various reheat options, free-cooling, and other features to allow the system to be tailored to the needs of your application. Contact Hahn Mason today for more information on ceiling mount systems.
Exterior Wall Mount Systems
Whether you need to cool a shelter, school, cabinet, or container, Hahn Mason and Compu-Aire Inc. have a unit for your requirements. Compu-Aire Inc. has developed innovative air conditioners, specifically for the emerging telecommunications market since it has expanded and redesigned to meet the requirements of commercial modular and classroom markets.
Compu-Aire Inc. exterior wall mounted air conditioners are one of the most economical ways to provide heating, cooling, and ventilation. These exterior mounted units are built in a variety of styles and configurations. To find the right exterior wall mount or roof top mount system for your needs, contact Hahn Mason today.
Floor Mount Systems
High performance, sensitive electronic equipment requires precise, reliable control of room temperature, humidity, and air flow for optimum performance. Compu-Aire Inc. floor mount systems can meet this challenge. Compu-Aire Inc. floor mount systems are available in sizes and configurations to suit any application, even corrosive industrial process environments. For more information on floor mount cooling systems, contact Hahn Mason today.
In Row Systems
The Compu-Aire Inc. in-row system units are designed to create an efficient and modern cooling system, without sacrificing space and specifications. These units have been designed to be green friendly by using a high efficiency scroll compressor with EC fans, making it the latest innovation for the customer’s specific cooling needs.
The in-row systems are designed as supplemental and to provide cooling in a horizontal direction, creating a new way to position the units. They can be positioned between the racks, creating a more even dissipation of extreme heat from the servers, and are the perfect choice for hot/cold aisle containment set up. To find the right in-row system for your needs, contact Hahn Mason today.
Design Questions to Consider
What Direction and Connection Will You Need?
Each CDPR can be a combination of one Direction and two Connections (one Discharge from Unit and one Return to Unit)
- Down-flow. Air passes vertically downward through cooling coil. Return air enters the top of the unit and discharge air leaves at the bottom of the unit.
- Horizontal-flow. Air passes horizontally through cooling coil. Return air enters the rear of the unit and discharge air leaves at the front of the unit.
- Up-flow. Air passes vertically upward through cooling coil. Return air enters the bottom of the unit and discharge air leaves at the top of the unit.
What Type of Discharge Will You Need?
- Raised Floor Plenum Discharge. A unit which is sitting on and discharges air into an opening in a raised floor plenum.
- Ducted Discharge. A unit which has and discharges air into field installed ductwork attached.
- Free Air Discharge. A unit with a free air discharge which does not have field installed ductwork attached. This may include a factory installed integral grill or a field installed factory-built plenum.
What Type of Return Will You Need?
- Raised Floor Plenum Return. A unit which is sitting on and returns air into an opening in a raised floor plenum.
- Ducted Return. A unit which has and returns air into a field installed ductwork attached.
Free Air Return. A unit with a free air return which does not have field installed ductwork attached. This may include a factory installed integral grill.
What Type of Unit Do You Need?
- Computer Room Air Conditioner (CRAC). A CDPR that utilizes dedicated compressors and refrigerant cooling coils rather than chilled-water coils.
Computer Room Air Handler (CRAH). A CDPR that utilizes chilled-water coils for cooling rather than dedicated compressors.
What Is the Unit Application?
- Data Center
- A building
- A room(s) or portions thereof, serving an ITE load.
How Will the Unit Be Mounted?
- Floor Mounted
- Raised floor
- Floor stand
- A solid floor inside the building.
Will You Need a Fluid Economizer?
A Fluid economizer is an option available with a CRAC or CRAH system in which a cold fluid is circulated by a pump through an indoor heat exchanger to provide cooling during lower outdoor ambient conditions, in order to reduce or eliminate compressor operation. The fluid could be chilled water, water/glycol solution, or refrigerant. An external fluid cooler such as a drycooler, cooling tower, or condenser is utilized for heat rejection. This is sometimes referred to as a free cooling coil, econo-coil, or economizer.
Does the Design Account for IT Equipment?
Including- IT racks and cabinets, computers, data storage, servers and network/communication equipment which generate heat.
Contact Hahn-Mason for Your Next CRAC Application
If you’re seeking additional information on any of the Compu-Aire cooling systems listed above, contact Hahn-Mason Air Systems today at (704)-523-5000 to speak with an expert. Hahn-Mason has 10 offices conveniently located in Raleigh, Charlotte, Asheville, Hickory, Eastern NC, Greensboro, Greenville, Charleston, Columbia, and Virginia.